Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Quick Note: Fortune Cookies, Easter, Prayer Requests and Mandy's Audition for the X Factor


I just ate a fortune cookie. My fortune said, "Follow your dreams." Thank you, Mr. Fortune Cookie, I think I'll do just that.

Aside from fortune cookies, there's a lot going on. Easter was two days ago and I enjoyed my first (and last) Easter here at UD. I went to the Vigil Mass at the Church of the Incarnation, where I have been working for four years now. After Mass (which was beautiful, I think that's the most I've ever enjoyed an Easter Mass), a bunch of my buddies and I had Praise and Worship. I really love that! After P&W, we went to Ihop- David, Jill, Michael, and I all went.

Easter was spent mostly with the Ponikiewskis, which is the best way to spend a day, in my own humble opinion. I was so grateful that they took me in and let me be a part of their family. They have been such a blessing to me the last couple years.

Now I'm in the midst of insanity as I'm struggling to finish up the semester. I translated five chapters tonight and have another four before being where I need to be. I have tons of reading to do as well. Most importantly, I have the high school retreat to get ready for this weekend (my last at HFN) and I have talks to prepare for that.

So, I'd like to make a quick prayer request in case anyone is reading this: Please pray for a) Edmund Ponikiewski, that he continues to heal and can come home soon; b) the Contagious Retreat this weekend, that we are able to reach out to the students and meet them where they are, bringing Christ into their lives; c) For my cousin, Amanda, who is auditioning for "The X Factor" tomorrow (a talent-style show with Simon from American Idol); d)For all UD seniors and professors, that we are able to get done what we need to get done as well as we possibly can before deadlines kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment